04 Dec Ginger Pear Fruit Parfait
Are you in need of an allergy friendly dessert this holiday season?
Well, I have one for you! It’s gluten, dairy, nut and egg free. Rest assured it is not free from flavour. We recently discovered that my son is (once again) not good with dairy or eggs. Of course his little face was sad to hear this, but I also know that as a parent, I just have to do what is best for him. So I started playing in the kitchen and came up with this:
2 cups Water
1/4 cup Unpasteurized honey
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Star anise
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 pear (per person)
4-6 Ginger snaps per person, ground (gluten free, dairy free and egg free)
1/4 tsp Coconut oil per person
Shaved dark chocolate for garnish
Raspberries for garnish
- Place all ingredients into sauce pan and poach until tender.
- Allow to cool in liquid (approximately 20 minutes)
- Drain liquid into a jar for later to add into blender during step 4
- Place pears in blender and add 1 tbsp of residual liquid, as needed to ensure a smooth puree.
- Combine ground ginger snap cookies and coconut oil to form a stickier consistency.
- Divide evenly among parfait glasses and pack down to form bottom layer.
- Divide blended pear mixture over gingersnap base
- Ensure place in fridge to fully cool
- Prior to serving, top with whipping cream, shaved chocolate and a raspberry.